• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's very depresssing to have to make this thread as I have been HYPED for this game, but I feel like people need to know what they're getting into right now if they choose to buy it.

Crashing to a blue error screen on PS4 is unacceptably common, and fairly often the crash means a corrupted save file.

Crashes to dashboard seem less common on Xbox but are still possible, but Xbox players are increasingly reporting the game just won't boot anymore after connecting to EA servers.

The list of known bugs is large and growing. Common bugs include things like all online stats being inaccurate, losing your ability to earn boost mid race, sound bugs that require a complete console reboot, etc.

It's sad to see EA ship such a great game in this state, but it's even worse when they won't admit they shipped a game in this state and promise to fix any of it. I'm still sitting here with my unopened copy of the game unsure what to do with it.

EDIT: Criterion/EA have responded.

Last edited:

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Send it back if its unopened or wait for it to be fixed. Or post directly on EA forums so they hear about it?

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Send it back if its unopened or wait for it to be fixed. Or post directly on EA forums so they hear about it?
Can't that get you banned? I remember hearing stories about people on EA forums offering constructive criticism of their games (read: actual constructive criticism, not vitriol hate), only to get their EA accounts banned for mentioning any type of negativity on their sites.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Glad this was posted here, serves as a warning to some of us interested parties not to waste our time or money...

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Can't that get you banned? I remember hearing stories about people on EA forums offering constructive criticism of their games (read: actual constructive criticism, not vitriol hate), only to get their EA accounts banned for mentioning any type of negativity on their sites.
Really? The EA forums I've been in have some members be consistently overwhelmingly negetive (so far as campaigning for individual devs to get fired in their signature) and they weren't banned. It takes a lot to get banned actually.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
Seems more and more common these days for games to no work properly on consoles with crashing and other stuff, makes you wonder how the whole testing process of the games are when it seems rather obvious, both for the platform owners and the companies making these games.

Unfortunately the only bet you have is making a stink and hope the game company fixes the issue.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
As a temporary fix for this, how would one go about backing up their saves on a PS4 so that they could roll back to a non-corrupted save if one of these crashes happens?

starsleep3

Oct 25, 2017
Played it for 3+ hours straight last night on XB1X - had zero problems offline and online. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah I've had 2 crashes so far on a PS4 pro after about an hour's gameplay. One to dashboard with and error code and the other shut my console down after a freeze causing me to have to hard reset.

Only other games I've ever had similar issues with is bioshock 1 remaster. Poor showing this.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stop falling for this company's scams.

Add clapping emojis between words.

Yeah more or less. I'll also add that just about every "remaster" that comes from 3rd parties this gen is pretty half assed and just meant to get them a quick buck. So keep that in mind before buying the far cry season pass just to get far cry 3 remastered.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'll always find it odd how a AAA company like EA or Acti have this sort of problem with remaster ports.
Like there's a lot of money there. I'm guessing they don't give enough money to the porting process outside certain situation where they're essentially making a new game.

OP
OP
New Fang

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll always find it odd how a AAA company like EA or Acti have this sort of problem with remaster ports.
Like there's a lot of money there. I'm guessing they don't give enough money to the porting process outside certain situation where they're essentially making a new game.
The general performance of the game in this case seems fine. It runs at native 4K on XB1X, solid 60 framerate, has improved texture work, shadows, etc.

It seems like they quite simply cut a lot of corners when it came to the testing phase.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
Stop falling for this company's scams.

Add clapping emojis between words.

I agree with this almost all the time, except I feel like with EA, this release is very much a litmus test to see how popular Burnout is and if they should start production on a new one. It's a catch-22 with this now. If people don't buy it, because it's a shitty buggy remaster then EA will just look at the sales and assume people don't want another Burnout game.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for it to be complete on EA Access anyway, hopefully it'll work decently by then :\

Still, annoying how frequently we get broken launches nowadays. It's not even like this game had some kind of anniversary date or a yearly schedule to respect, I have a hard time believing they couldn't have waited another month or so with the release.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Seems more and more common these days for games to no work properly on consoles with crashing and other stuff, makes you wonder how the whole testing process of the games are when it seems rather obvious, both for the platform owners and the companies making these games.

Unfortunately the only bet you have is making a stink and hope the game company fixes the issue.

It's definitely starting to feel increasingly common to feel like a beta tester when you buy a game in the first 3 months.
That's one of the biggest reason I wait. So I pay a fraction of the price for how the game should be on release.

OP
OP
New Fang

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting for it to be complete on EA Access anyway, hopefully it'll work decently by then :\

Still, annoying how frequently we get broken launches nowadays. It's not even like this game had some kind of anniversary date or a yearly schedule to respect, I have a hard time believing they couldn't have waited another month or so with the release.
Many companies have yearly finance schedules that conclude at the end of March. By releasing the game before the end of the month you get those launch sales included in your 2017 numbers. That often plays a big role in a game like this being shoved out the door at this time of year.

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely starting to feel increasingly common to feel like a beta tester when you buy a game in the first 3 months.
That's one of the biggest reason I wait. So I pay a fraction of the price for how the game should be on release.

Bingo. This is exactly how I've started doing things. There are plenty of other games to play while I wait for this to be bargain-bin price.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Many companies have yearly finance schedules that conclude at the end of March. By releasing the game before the end of the month you get those launch sales included in your 2017 numbers. That often plays a big role in a game like this being shoved out the door at this time of year.

This is true, but they've been sitting on this potential remaster for years. I am inclined to believe they had the groundwork done for remastering last-gen titles for a while in case they'd pull the trigger. They barely changed anything and it was still a rushed job apparently? Damn.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
This is nonsense lol, just people spreading lies about why they were banned.

I mean, I'm not sure how much help posting on their forums would do, but you definitely won't get banned unless you go to extreme lengths.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I played for a few hours on the PS4 yesterday and had zero issues both online and offline but after reading about some of the issues OP mentioned I'm actually worried about continuing my game and losing progress.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
EA: launch a game, lets earn money with a simple remaster but we dont give a shit about quality.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I've had zero issues so far outside of the incredibly loud fan which worries me. I really don't think the PS4, much less my PS4 Pro, should work that much to run a game that could be played on PS3 and 360.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
EA gonna EA. What was the last game from EA that came out without any issues?

Oct 30, 2017
This wouldn't be the first time an EA game is completely unplayable. I STILL can't finish the Battlefield 4 campaign on PS4 because it randomly crashes and corrupts the single player save. EA/DICE never bothered to fix that.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A 'remaster' buggier than a more than decade old game. Unbelievable. Actually, it's post-2005, so it's very much common place.

Sledge

Oct 28, 2017
This game deserves better. I'm so god damn sick of EA undermining some of my favourite series (Titanfall/Burnout/Mirror's Edge).

OP
OP
New Fang

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A 'remaster' buggier than a more than decade old game. Unbelievable. Actually, it's post-2005, so it's very much common place.
That's the thing that really gets me. Paradise launched on PS3/360 a decade ago and was a very smooth experience. A few minor bugs are all I ever recall experiencing, and I put a lot of time into that game.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Guess Amazon only getting the game to me middle of April, causing me to cancel the order was secretly a good thing.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Is "lazy publisher" a more acceptable perjorative? I'm sure the devs worked hard on this in the two weeks of budgeted development time, but this has the stink of a publisher that doesn't give a fuck.

Bobsworth

Jan 22, 2018
Personally I've had zero issues with the Xbox One version. The game has just received a patch though, which I'm yet to try.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
c8e.gif

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Ah sorry man... I know how excited for Burnout Paradise Remastered you were (from the EA Access impressions thread). Sucks.